- Go to https://www.bitstamp.net
- Click on ==> REGISTER at the top right.
- You will see the registration screen.
- Enter your first name
- Enter your last name
- Enter your email address
- Choose your country
- You will be notified that a verification email has been sent.
- Go to your mailbox and open this e-mail.
- You will need the information listed under ‘Client ID’ and ‘Password’ to log in to your account.
- Enter your customer ID.
- Enter your password here
- Click on ‘Log in’
- For security you will be asked to set a new personal password. Enter your current password here.
- Enter your new password here.
Always choose a secure password! This means at least 12 characters consisting of capital letters, small letters, numbers and symbols. Make a note of the details of your accounts on a carrier that is not connected to the internet and that no one other than yourself has access to.
It may be interesting to have a facility in case of emergency that if something happens to you, your account information will end up with the right people.
- Confirm your new password.
- Click on ‘CHANGE PASSWORD’.
Go to ‘account’ and then the ‘Settings’ tab.
- Enter your first and last name
- Enter your address details
- Enter your city and postcode here.
- Enter your bank details here.
(Only if you wish to use your bank account to deposit money or transfer money to your bank account.)
- You can enter here for companies, company details and VAT number.
(This is only when you have this obligation professionally / accounting.)
- Then click on ‘Save settings’.
Secure your account with 2FA authentication.
- Click on ‘Enable Two-Factor Authentication’.
- Open the ‘Google Authenticator’ app on your smarphone or tablet and press the + sign.
Then choose ‘scan barcode’ and scan the qr code on your screen.
(If you do not have the ‘Google Autenticator’ app installed on your smartphone or tablet, search the app in the Appstore or in Google Play and install this app.)
Also note the code of the qr code “Authentication Key”. If you want to reset the code, you can do so by enter the code manually.
- Enter the code for manual installation of your 2-step authentication and enter the 6 digits provided by the ‘Google Authenticator’ app. shown on your smartphone or tablet.
- Click on ‘Enable Two-Factor Autentication’.
- How to disable 2FA (This is strongly discouraged.)
- Open the ‘Google Authenticator’ and enter the 6-digit code
- Click on ‘disable Two-Factor Authentication’.
- Go to ‘Verify Account’ and click on ‘identity verification’.
- Click on ‘Personal Account Verification’.
- Enter your personal details here.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Are you a U.S. citizen?
- ‘I am a US citizen’, check the box ‘No’.
- ‘I am a US resident alien’, check the box ‘No’.
- “I am a US tax person for any other reason, check the ‘No’ box.
- Then one asks for an identity card.
- Take a photo of the front and the back of your identity card.
- Upload the front of your identity card and then the back of your identity card.
- You are asked in the next step for the date of issuing your identity card and the date that your identity card expires.
- Then enter the number of your identity card and the type of document.
- ‘Proof of residence document’
To verify that you are actually residing at the specified location, you will need proof of this. uploading, for example, a copy of your declaration of your personal income tax, water, gas, internet or electricity bill.
Then click on ‘Submit verification request’.
- Click on ‘Submit verfication Request’.
- You will see a message that you will receive an email when your account has been verified.
The creation of your Bitstamp account has been completed.